Thursday, January 31, 2013

If I Only!!!

Well today has been an interesting day and its only 1:50...

I walked into work this morning to No power and a sick little boy.... Thankfully We got the Power back at around 12:30 and Scooby Doo Has saved the Day for the Little one, But in the mean time Nanny Amanda was on Reading/cuddle Duty. Not that I don't mind the cuddling, Just wish He was not sick!

 Well nick Presented me with a book by the Good old Dr. Seuss and it was filled with all these crazy stories... Well he Insisted on Reading all Of Them!!! One of the Stories really stuck out to me even as a 29 year old Woman, "I wish I had Duck Feet" was the title and as I read the story about a little boy who wish he has all these crazy and different things different about him including, Duck feet, an Elephant Trunk, a Whale Spout and a Few other crazy ideas it Got me Wondering and Thinking about all the Things We Wish we Had or Didn't Have!!!

  Yesterday I wrote about "Fitting In"..  As a woman I know its Normal to always want to change something about yourself , wether its a new Hair Color, A new cut, Finding a New style and Even trying out New Ways to Better you appearance! All which are normal, natural and basic things that you can Easily Change and Really Don't Define you yet help you "fit in" with the Newest Style and Fashion for that period of time!

 However I know I have seem to struggle with the Fitting in process and No matter how Hard I tried and how much money I spent and Tried to "look" like the Image on the Magazine or the Girls and Group that seem to be Normal, it just never seemed like I was that Right Image and Truly Never "Fit" in.  Honestly for awhile I let that Define who I was and determined that I will never be as Pretty, special and Perfect as they are.

 But why was I letting my image define who I was and where I belonged? Why couldn't I see That I was MADE in GODS IMAGE!!! 

 In the story the Little boy thought of all the Fun and Different ways to be Different and be made different from his Friends and Family & while all the days had Some fun and exciting things that would make things a little more interesting, they also had problem that came with the Duck Feet and The Whale Spout!!!

  I/We Are so anxious to be like someone else and have what others have and to be like that someone else that looks like they have the perfect life and the Perfect Image, that we Forget that NO ONE is PERFECT!! 

 Remember God new what we were going to look like, and Who we would be before we were even Born. I/WE are a Beautiful Creation in Gods Eyes so why Change what He Created!

 I Don't want to change the Trees or the Flowers, I Admire the Mountains and The Ocean and all that he Created, so why Cant I Remember that I Am always one of GOD's CREATIONS!!!!!

 So with 2013 already One month in, I am really looking forward to being able to learn to Admire the BEAUTY of GOD's CREATION!!!!!! Including Myself , cause thats where it ALL starts!!

~ New Year New Me 2013 is underway and I Feel GREAT!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment